Friday 30 March 2007

The Bad Cinema Lecture!!


Well what can be said about last nights lecture, in my own words it was disgusting and went against a lot of my religious values. After discussing the film with my parents, they were as disgusted as I was, I was told that I needed to go to repent my sins after watching this film. This film I'm discussing is called 'Kids' and was made by Larry Clark who was a photographer turned film maker. Some definitions that we were given at the start of the film were;




  • 'A movie about kids but not for kids'




  • 'The directorial debut of Larry Clark..... a man who makes some of the most nasty, envelope pushing films... but not for mass audience'.

To the first quote made I have to disagree, I do not class my self as a 'kid' but I felt that this film was not for me, it broke to many values that I live life by. And the second quote I'm slightly unsure whether I agree or not.


We were asked to think about the below questions;


1.How does the film deal with morals?


I felt that the film didn't think about morals as it neglected all human morals along with social and emotional moral. It accomplished this by the actions of the actors and the general story line.


2. What is its target audience?

The target audience for this film, I'm not sure what to say as I no that they allowed family's to watch it but after myself viewing it I feel that the film shouldn't of been made.



My final thoughts on this film is its nasty, disgusting and I don't want to watch it again. Larry Clark must not have had a wide imagination as why would all these beautiful girls featured in the film want to 'lose it' with a skinny ugly gimp like him?????? With this I will finish as it makes me mad!!

http://www.forbisthemighty.com/pages/kids.htm

No comments: